Monday 18 April 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (23)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading. All links go to Goodreads. :)


Books I Read Last Week:
I finished listening to this audiobook this week! Yay! :D I have to admit though, this one was definitely not one of my favourite Nicholas Sparks books. I didn't really like the altering POV's. I might have liked them more if I'd read it, but while listening to it on audiobook, I wasn't a fan. It was weird hearing a guy's thoughts be narrated by a girl, and the one guy's thoughts were really weird too...I don't wanna ruin it for anyone by saying who the character is though, it's better if you're surprised.
I am so sad that it took me this long to read Past Midnight! I've had this book on my shelf for months now, and I should have read it right away! It was awesome! It wasn't very long, so it was a really quick read, and the story just totally compelled me. I loved the characters, and I loved the whole paranormal aspect it had, this was just an awesome book. I'll definitely be reading the novella, Raising the Dead, and then the next book, 100 Hundred Candles, really soon! :D
I finished this one! :) This was another really crazy story, it was just so different, I've never read a story like it, and I thought it was fantastic. It was a little hard to follow at times because of the slang that was used, but I think I got the hang of it, and I actually even used some slang that I read in it the other day. haha Now I'll have to read the next book Cha0s...I love series, but at the same time I hate the wait in between getting books, but at least this one's out already. :P
I read a couple of sample chapters of Backstage Pass a few months ago and I was so hooked, but I waited because I had no time for books anyways, and I got lucky, it was for free on Kindle for a little bit and I got myself a copy! This book is most definitely of the adult variety...that right their is your adult content warning by me. ;) If I didn't already find musicians and rock stars super sexy, I would now! I definitely recommend Backstage Pass is you like adult romances! ;)
This was a short novella that an author sent me a while ago, and I picked it up this weekend. It was a really quick read, and left me wanting more. Nicole has definitely created a really unique and interesting world of paranormal...the only thing I wish that had been different about this book...I wish that it was longer! ;)

I was a little late in starting this series, but when I read The Body Finder back in October I was totally hooked, and when I picked up Desires of the Dead this weekend, I was drawn back in completely! I love how Kimberly Derting mixes paranormal, mystery and high school all into one awesome package in this series, and I absolutely love love LOVE her characters...especially Jay. ;) haha Kimberly Derting's Body Finder series is amazing and if you haven't started this series yet, you definitely should! :D


Reading Now:

Eeek! I am absolutely love love loving this book! Ok...now that I have that little freak out of the way, I just have to say that I am so hooked on this book, it has been very hard to put it down to study since I started...I should have waited until I was finished finals, but I didn't. Fortunately, I only have English today, so it's not one that you have to study too much for. :)
I started this one this week, but I haven't gotten very far. I read a couple of pages and then went to bed, and I didn't really pick it up again because I started it on the day I had two finals. 've been bad with starting books and pushing them to the side :P I'm going to seriously try and stop it soon! lol

Books I Want to Read This Week:

I'm gonna try and finish books first, so no plan this week. :P haha


And what are you reading???

Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to find out what other  people are reading. :)

Happy Reading!!!
♪♫ Ambur

3 comments:

  1. Quite an assortment of books. Have fun choosing what to read and enjoy your week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a bunch of books here that i really want to read. Have a fab week! See what I'm reading here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to read Demon Glass! LOVED Hex Hall!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D