Thursday 5 May 2011

Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Source: Netgalley (originally) / My own personal copy. 
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: Already Released


Eeek! I was so excited to read The Iron Queen that I swear I totally jumped and shouted for joy when I was accepted to read it on NetGalley! And I wasn't disappointed at all! The Iron Queen blew me away, and I was left totally drained because I had put so much of myself into the story while I was reading it that I felt like when I finished I was lost. 

I'm going to try my hardest to make this a spoiler free review, and because of that you're going to get a lot of me gushing about how much I loved this book. Anywho...I abso-freaking-lutely loved The Iron Queen! Julie did such a fantastic job on this book, and I think that while it takes you on a major emotional roller coaster, it is a book that most fans will absolutely love! 

I think my favourite part of The Iron Fey series, aside from my love for Ash, has been Meghan's growth and how much she's matured. Over the series she becomes a truly strong character, and a heroine to be admired. I was so proud of her in The Iron Queen, and while sometimes her actions made me sad, I always gave her mad props for making her decisions and sticking to her choices! I'm going to avoid talking about Puck and Ash to avoid spoilers, but fans should know that they both have pretty big roles in The Iron Queen, and I love them both for very different reasons! And Grimalkin, he's as awesome as ever in this one, which I'm syure everyone is glad to hear! :D

Along with the amazing characters, Julie has once again managed to weave a wonderful world with her words, and it left me completely enthralled in it. She's woven a world where the Summer, Winter and Iron court compete for dominance and their interactions make for some thrilling action. This book made me happy, it made me anxious, it made me sad, and above all it took me into a whole new world. The Iron Queen was a fabulous book, and for anyone who hasn't started the Iron Fey series, I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so, personally, I feel like it's one of the best YA series out there right now, and it is definitely one of my favourites!

Here are a couple of links just for fun:
The Iron Fey's Facebook Page
Julie Kagawa's website
Julie Kagawa's blog

And here are the Goodreads pages of the other books in the Iron Fey Series:

The Iron King ---This is the book that started this series, and I'm sure that all of us Iron Fey fans are super glad that we found it. :)
Winter's Passage --- This is a novella that takes place between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. If you haven't read it yet, you should definitely check it out. You can find it free for download on various websites, I got mine from NetGalley. I don't think this one's free anymore though, but you might get lucky.
The Iron Daughter --- This is book 2 in the Iron Fey series, so if you've finished The Iron King you really want to check this one out. :)
Summer's Crossing ---  Puck's novella that takes place between The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight, it's set for release on June 1, and will be free for a limited time.
The Iron Knight --- There will be a fourth book in the Iron Fey series, this one's Ash's story! Right now Goodreads says its release date is October 18th! :D

Obviously by this review you can tell that I absolutely loved The Iron Queen, and now I can't wait to read The Iron Knight! Or Summer's Crossing! :D

How about you?? Any other Iron Fey fans out there?

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

1 comment:

  1. I lovelovelove this series! I cannot wait for The Iron Knight to be released :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D