Thursday 14 July 2011

Fanfiction! Why I love it, and a bit of pimpage for my friend, Jen! :D

You all might not know this about me, but I'm a pretty big fan of fanfiction. I absolutely adore it! There are some really amazing fanfics out there, and I won't lie, I've spent many hours reading them! And I mean many. I even have a few saved on my computer because I know I'll want to read them again and again, and I've also written a couple myself, but I'll keep quiet about those. :P

I love that with fanfiction my favourite characters can basically do or be anything! They don't have to be confined to their own world within their story, or even their own book! A scene can be rewritten and something can be added, or a story can be continued on for forever...or at least until the fanfic stops. A story can be completely shifted around and characters can become average people in our world. Characters that you hoped and hoped would be together could finally get their chance! Or if you're like I was when I first found fanfiction, you can get a chance to read more stories about the characters after their story has ended! 

The first fanfic that I every read was for The Mortal Instruments. I'd just finished City of Glass and I was so not ready to stop reading about Jace. Yes, I won't lie, it was all about Jace. My obsession with him can be unhealthy at times, and I've come to terms with that. :P This was before the newest TMI books had been announced, so I was seriously desperate. I can't remember which story I read first, but that first fanfic lead to countless others, and soon I was reading Twilight fanfics, Harry Potter fanfics, Hunger Games fanfics...and pretty much any other fanfic that stirred my fancy. I even read a couple fanfics for Veronica Mars, where Logan and Veronica FINALLY ended up together...although, in my mind they totally did even if the show isn't on anymore! Come on, after that finale and that look between Logan and Veronica after he kicks that dude's butt (VM fans totally know what I'm talking about :P), there is no way that they didn't end up together. Piz knew it too (you could so tell), and I knew it! Anyways...I'm getting off topic!

So, I'm a huge fanfic addict, although I've weaned myself off of it pretty well, if I do say so myself. I no longer have tonnes to read every other day. There was honestly a time where I had at least one fanfic update to read daily, but I quickly realized it was a ridiculous amount, so now I limit myself. :P

Anyways, my friend, Jen, asked me to see if any of my followers were fanfic fans, and see if anyone would be interested in her new fanfic, so I thought, "Why not?" and I figured it would be a great time to see if I have any other fellow Fanfic addicts out there reading the posts on my blog. ;)

 

Both of the two fanfics that I'm going to mention are for The Mortal Instruments. Her profile on Fanfiction.net is: paper-flowers, and she's written 14 fanfictions so far, but her longest and most popular one (and the one that I met her through) was Fallen Gold, which is now completed. 

Fallen Gold's Summary: 
Our golden haired angel has fallen when, after breaking a law, the Clave removes Jace of his runes and abilities. He tries to see past the glamours and one day meets a redhead who can. Meanwhile, Idris is being taken over by a villian you're familiar with.

And her upcoming fanfic is called Raziel's Angel, here's its summary:
Shadowhunters, Jace Herondale and Clary Graymark, have been best friends since childhood. They grew up together in Idris. But a tragic event pushed Jace away from his friend and forces him to make difficult decisions. He struggles to figure out the difference between what is right and what he's been taught is right.

I'm definitely excited to read her latest fanfic, and I hope that at least a few of you are fanfiction fans too! That way at least one person will be interested it this post! haha

I'm thinking of doing a post every once in a while with Fanfiction recommendations, and I'm planning on posting about Jen's story, Raziel's Angel, again when she posts it online, would any of you be interested in that?

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

PS. I know some people don't like to admit that they like fanfiction, so if you want to comment, but don't really want it to be seen, feel free to email me about it at ambiepie_6(at)hotmail(dot)com, I'd love to know that people are actually interested in me posting about it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a fanfic fan! Although I haven't read any in a while, probably a couple of years. I've mostly read ones to do with TV shows, but I have read some Harry Potter ones way back when, like before book 5 was even released.

    And umm, yah, I've written some. My friend and I may have once been owners of a McFly fanfic site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ashley: Yay! :D I wrote a McFly fic super long ago, too, so I totally understand. ;D
    Thanks for commenting, Ashley! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D