Thursday 20 October 2011

Review: Into the Unknown Anthology

Source: Received an ebook from publisher for an honest review.
Release Date: December 1, 2011
Visit its page on the publisher website: Into the Unknown

Description:
Three men never expected love to wreak so much havoc in their lives.

In Marked, Darkness and Light’s Sean Holloway is on a mission—to find the perfect gift for the woman of his dreams. When all conventional choices turn out to be the wrong ones, each failed attempt convinces Sean his self-imposed task is impossible. But in the world of the Holloway Pack, anything is possible if it can be kept a secret.

In Misguided, Little White Lies’s Wyatt Moreland is hot on the trail of a wanted man when a rumor about his fiancĂ©e halts his progress. His desire to keep her safe wars with her need to be involved in his work and could derail their entire wedding unless he finds out the truth before she does.

In Tempted, The Glass Man’s Liam Kane made a promise to the fae he loves never to use his power to harm others. When a horrific event angers him, the energy boiling inside seduces him into walking a dark path. He has but one choice: resist his own nature or give up the one he loves.

Will the three men make the right choices? Or will their actions destroy their futures with the women they love?



I have read, loved, and raved about all three of these women's books! I was so excited to get to read more about Sean and Jem (from Darkness and Light), Wyatt and Charley (from Little White Lies), and Liam and Lila (from The Glass Man)! And I was still excited after I was finished! I'm defintiely excited for more books by these three very talented ladies! :D

The three short stories were fabulous! I think that you'll probably want to read the books these characters are from first though because all three of these short stories take place afterwards...so you might get a tad spoiled if you read them first! If you don't mind spoilers, I still think you could enjoy these stories. They're sweet, adorable, romantic...and sexy. ;) They all bring something different to the anthology, yet they share a few similarities...one of those being the fact that they're all narrated by sexy men. ;) I'm a sucker for male POVs, so I loved this, especially since I already love all three of these guys! :D

In Marked, Sean is a nervous wreck, and he's so adorable when he's like that! Although to be honest, I love Sean all the time, he's made of awesome, seriously, I love him to bits! Not only do I love Sean, but I also love him with Jem, and this is an adorable story about the two of them! I'm already counting down the days for more books with Sean and Jem in them...I just can't get enough! They have fantastic dynamics! Jem is feisty and Sean is determined...and oh so strong (although his sexy brother Ethan is probably even stronger...but that's another story ;D haha), and together they're hilarious, and they just fit together. I love it!

In Misguided, Wyatt's so protective, and he's also nervous, for slightly similar reasons to Sean, but also some deadlier ones. Wyatt works with the FBI, and in this story, he's on the trail of a mimic who has an uncanny way of getting away every time! He's concerned for Charley's safety...but he's also worrying about some more trivial matters. I'll let you find out about them when you read it, but I thought it was cute. He's such a confident guy, but Charley puts him on edge, and he's always trying to do things for her. Charley and Wyatt are another awesome couple. They've gone through tonnes, and I'm glad that they'd gotten to where they are. :D

Finally, in the last story of the anthology, Tempted, Liam starts off by visiting Lila. Oh, boy. The beginning of this one was pretty steamy...I won't lie, Lila and Liam have some super sexy times together, so I wasn't too shocked that they had some fun in this short story. ;) They have some seriously hot chemistry, so it was definitely a sexy read, and for one wasn't disappointed...and Lila and Liam weren't either. :P This short story was more than just sex though. It actually became quite dark, and you get to see the darker side of Liam, one he's trying desperately to resist. I loved this one, too, and I love Liam and Lila together! They were my favourite part of The Glass Man, they're fantastic together! :D

All three of these stories are definitely leading into sequels for the first books in their series, and I'm so thrilled to see where they're all headed! This anthology is pretty short, but it packs quite the punch, and it's a great tease that gives you a bit more of the characters you love...I know I've been craving more of them all, so this anthology was perfect! :D

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

4 comments:

  1. Awe! I'm so excited you liked Misguided! I had to put Charley and Wyatt through one more little 'test' you know? ;) Of course that leads me now straight to Cael and Lily's story. :) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for another generous review. Reading your words of excitement over Jem and Sean truly makes my day.
    Only a month to wait for more of the duo .... only next time, it'll be with a little difference. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think YOU are made of awesome! :) What a great review. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aimee Laine: It was a great story! :D I thought so. ;) I thought it was....and it made me happy, I love Lily and Cael, too! :D You're welcome! :D

    @jabelfield: You're welcome! :D I seriously love them! :D Can't wait! :D

    @Jocelyn Adams: Awe shucks! Thanks! :D You're welcome! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D