Monday 5 March 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (68)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books I Read Last Week:
I didn't like this one as much as I thought I would, but it was still a fun read. Honestly, the only things that kept me from absolutely loving it were editorial mistakes that really should have been caught. For instance, Celine Dion did not sing "I Will Always Love You," and the Muppets are not on Sesame Street....that being said, I really liked Adam and Sinead's chemistry, but they were both so withdrawn, that it was hard to connect with them. I did like it as a quick read in between essay writing last week though.

  • Emma by Jane Austen
I finished rereading Emma, and I have to say...I forgot just how much I loved Mr.Knightley. :)

Reading Now:

 I'm reading this one for my travel writing class. I'm not very far, so I don't have much to say. He's in Alice Springs, too though...I wonder if he and Robyn Davidson ever ran into each other there. :P


Books I Want to Read This Week:
This is the next book in line in my British Lit class and I can't wait to start it! I've been wanting to read Wuthering Heights for a long time now. Hopefully I like it. :P

I've had this one sitting on my shelf for far to long, and with reading Emma I've been hankering to start this one! If I can't squeeze in time to read Pride and Prejudice, I can at least squeeze in time to read some modernizations. :P

And what are you reading???

Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what other people are reading. :)

3 comments:

  1. Emma is my favourite classic

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice selection of more serious and fun reads! I'm reading a non-fiction (a bit of a slow read) as well as a fiction book that is a really fast read.

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of classics this week! Please come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D