Wednesday 13 June 2012

Review: Being Jame Baker by Kelly Oram

 Source: Own Kindle Version and won Paperback from Author
Publisher: Bluefields
Release Date: Already Released.
Number of Pages: 353 (Paperback)

Blurb from Goodreads:
An accident that should end in tragedy instead gives seventeen-year-old Jamie Baker a slew of uncontrollable superhuman abilities. To keep her secret safe Jamie socially exiles herself, earning the title of Rocklin High's resident ice queen. But during a supercharged encounter with star quarterback Ryan Miller she literally kisses anonymity goodbye. Now the annoyingly irresistible Ryan will stop at nothing to melt the heart of the ice queen and find out what makes her so special. Unfortunately, Ryan is not the only person on to her secret. Will Jamie learn to contain her unstable powers before being discovered by the media or turned into a government lab rat? More importantly, can she throw Ryan Miller off her trail before falling in love with him?



Just reread this one yesterday and today in anticipation for Serial Hottie, Kelly Oram's next book, and I loved it probably even more than I did the first time. :D

I just love this story. :) Jamie isn't the most likeable person at times...at least not in public, but as a reader, we know a little more than they do. She's been through so much, and she's turned herself into an Ice Queen to protect herself and others. I loved getting to see Ryan help crack the ice she'd encased herself in, and seeing her open up to him and others. I also loved getting to know Jamie as a reader. She's an amazing heroine, and she's so well-rounded. She's definitely one of my favourite heroines...and I meant that in the actual heroic sense. ;D

Plus, I just plain loved Ryan! He's adorable, and such an amazing guy. It's so nice to see a love interest who's sweet, and caring, and always positive...optimism is very attractive, especially on Ryan. ;) haha I also loved when he and Jamie were together. They're such an amazing pair. :D

Overall, I think that Being Jamie Baker is an amazing story, and it's one that I would definitely recommend! :D It's also available as an ebook now, so it's super easy to get a copy! If you like fun stories with amazing characters, you'll love this one, especially if you're a sucker for sweet and charismatic love interests that just won't give up. ;D

Links: Book Website | Author's Twitter | Facebook | Excerpt

Purchase Links:
Book Depository: UK / US
Amazon: UK / US / Canada
Barnes and Noble
Smashwords
Kobo Store

I won a copy of this one a couple years ago and absolutely adored it, and then I saw it recently for sale on Kindle and I couldn't resist buying a digital copy since it was only $2.99! So worth it, now I can read it wherever my Kindle goes. :P lol

Have you read this one?
If you haven't, do you want to? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D