Monday 24 September 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (83)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books I Read Last Week:
We've been reading this one for my Classics class on Greek and Roman Literature. Sadly, it hasn't really captured me as much as mythology itself does, but it still is a pretty interesting story. The epithets are pretty amusing sometimes. :P I didn't read this one all the way through because not all of it was assigned, but I did read most, and I read the Sparknotes of the ones we didn't read to fill in the gaps. :P I'm still kind of surprised that this one ended where it did though...rather anticlimactic, and Achilles is much more sullen, sulky, and temperamental (nevermind that last one...that last one I expected :P) than I would've thought. :P

I absolutely loved this one! :D I'm so glad that I listened to Rola (from xo' reads) when she said I should read it! :D
I'm getting pretty excited for the movie, too. It looks like some things have been changed for it, but it from the teaser trailer it definitely looks like it's going to be one beautiful movie visually. :)

Reading Now:
Reading this one for my Scandalous Fictions class. I've only just started it, but it's definitely a different read. I have a feeling this book will get graphic though since it is the story of Christ's Passion, so I'm sure the Crucifixion and more will definitely make an appearance. Right now the tenses are a little strange. On the first page of Chapter One for example it shifted from third person (he) to second person (you) and then on the next page back to third person. We'll see how it goes though, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for parts that could cause scandal since I have to do a group presentation on this one.

Books I Want to Read This Week:
 Can't wait to start this one! :D I'm going to take my time with it so that I don't have to wait super long for the fourth book to come out, Beautiful Redemption, which comes out on October 23...but I'm definitely stoked for this one! :D
 
With the movie out soon I need to finally get my butt in gear and read this one, especially since it's another one I've been looking forward to reading! ;D

And what are you reading???

Check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to see what other people are reading. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh Kristilyn and I are going to read The Perks of Being A Wallflower this week to, to get ready for the movie! YAY! I really need to give Beautiful Creatures a go, I saw the trailer for the movie and loved the way it looked! Can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Rola and I were going to do the same thing! :D I started it just a bit ago, and I really like it so far. :D
      You totally do! :D I'm definitely a BC fangirl now! haha I'll definitely have to write one then. :P

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ... I was just going to say what Jenni said! I can't wait to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower!

    And everyone is talking about Beautiful Creatures! I really need to read it one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nice! ;D

      You definitely do! It's amazing! :D And so different from other YA series out there. :)

      Delete
  3. I finished reading Love's Debt by Rachel Brimble - short historical romance - super amazing
    Now I'm reading Shades of Blood by LM Pruitt (Jude Magdalyn #3) - also super amazing - must read

    Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D