Monday 3 February 2014

Review: Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard #2) by Christina Lauren

Source: Received a copy of the book from Kobo to test out the new Kobo Aura HD!
Publisher: Gallery Books
Release Date: Already Released
Number of Pages: 352 (Paperback)


Description from Goodreads:
A charming British Playboy. A girl determined to finally live. And a secret liaison revealed in all too vivid color. Book two in the NYT Bestselling series.

Escaping a cheating ex, finance whiz Sara Dillon's moved to New York City and is looking for excitement without a lot of strings attached. So meeting the irresistible, sexy Brit at a dance club should have meant nothing more than a night's fun. But the manner--and speed--with which he melts her inhibitions turns him from a one-time hookup and into her Beautiful Stranger.

The whole city knows Max Stella loves women, not that he's ever found one he particularly wants to keep around. Despite pulling in plenty with his Wall Street bad boy charm, it's not until Sara--and the wild photos she lets him take of her--that he starts wondering if there's someone for him outside of the bedroom.

Hooking up in places where anybody could catch them, the only thing scarier for Sara than getting caught in public is having Max get too close in private.
I absolutely loved Beautiful Bastard, so I wasn't at all surprised when I read Beautiful Stranger and loved it, too! :D I absolutely love Christina and Lauren's writing styles...they make a fantastic writing duo, and they just have a way of telling stories! They're funny, sexy, and heartwarming all at the same time! :D

While Beautiful Stranger is centered around a new couple, we did get to see how Bennett and Chloe are doing, and I personally love getting to see guest appearances of past main characters in series like this, but I also love getting to know the new characters, and Max and Sarah were both fantastic! They were funny, and they were seriously sexy together! Their relationship was super steamy...and wasn't exactly what you'd expect at first. ;D

When I first read Beautiful Stranger, I couldn't put it down, and stayed up until I flipped to the very last page! I read this one a while back, and it's still stuck with me, so you know it was a great one! I just absolutely adore this series, and am going to be jumping at the chance to read any books that these lovely ladies put out because they are seriously amazing authors! :D

Overall, I loved Beautiful Stranger! It may have different main characters than Beautiful Bastard, but I assure you that you will love them, too! I'd recommend this book, and this series to anyone who loves sexy, funny, and just all-around awesome books!

What do you think?
Have you started this series yet?
Does Beautiful Stranger, and this series sound like something you'd like to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D