Thursday 19 June 2014

Review: Scorch (Croak #2) by Gina Damico

 Source: Received a copy from Thomas Allen and Sons for an honest review.
Publisher: Graphia
Release Date: Already released.
Number of Pages: 332 (Paperback)

Blurb from Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Lex Bartleby is a teenage grim reaper with the bizarre ability to damn souls. That makes her pretty scary, even to fellow Grims. But after inadvertently transferring her ability to Zara, a murderous outlaw, Lex is a pariah in Croak, the little town she calls home.

To escape the townspeople’s wrath, she and her friends embark on a wild road trip to DeMyse. Though this sparkling desert oasis is full of luxuries and amusements, it feels like a prison to Lex. Her best chance at escape would be to stop Zara once and for all—but how can she do that from DeMyse, where the Grims seem mysteriously oblivious to Zara’s killing spree?



I absolutely loved the first book in the Croak trilogy, so I wasn't too surprised when I loved this one, too! Scorch is just as funny, interesting, and heartwarming as Croak...and you won't want to put it down!

I'm a reader who is constantly trying to predict what is going to happen as I'm reading, and Scorch was no exception! I was trying to figure it all out before Lex got there, but even I was surprised during parts of this book...and some of those surprises were very good ones!!! And ones that I was soooo thankful for!

 I was glad to see more of the characters, and I just loved their interactions even more! I also loved that in Scorch we got to see a bit more of the world that the Grims in habit and we got to know more about the other places they inhabit...and not just the small town, Croak. :D It was also just fantastic to get to come back to the story-world that Gina Damico has created! It's such a unique place with wonderful characters! I also love that with the awesome world-building, and character development, Damico still manages to add in banter that keeps you laughing and compelled right until the very last page!

Overall, Scorch was amazing! It definitely had heart-breaking moments, but it was also so freaking fun, and I loved getting to see more of Lex and everyone else (especially Drigg....I heart him to the max ;P)! :D

If you're a fan of unique stories that have amazing characters, and banter and jokes that constantly keep you laughing, then this trilogy is definitely right for you! :D I still haven't read Rogue yet, but I wanted to get this review out (FINALLY) before I did! :)

What do you think?
Does the Croak trilogy sound like something you'd like to read?
And if you've already started these books, what do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D