Wednesday 2 March 2016

Cover Catch-Up (25): Matching Titles & Covers!

In "Cover Catch-Up" I share some covers that have either been recently revealed, or that I've just found and really wanted to share. 

Today I've got some absolutely GORGEOUS covers to share with you all! Ones for a high-fantasy retelling and the other for dystopian novel!


The first cover that I have to share is for KINGDOM OF ASH & BRIARS by Hannah West!

Kingdom of Ash & Briars by Hannah West
Publisher: Holiday House, Inc.
Release Date: September 1, 2016

Description:
Bristal, a sixteen-year-old kitchen maid, lands in a fairy tale gone wrong when she discovers she has elicromancer magic in her blood. Elicromancers are an ancient breed of immortal people, but only two remain in Nissera after a bloody civil war. Bristal joins the ranks of Brack and Tamarice without knowing that one of them has a dark secret . . . Tamarice is plotting a quest to overthrow the realm’s nobility and take charge herself. Together, Bristal and Brack must guard the three kingdoms of Nissera against Tamarice’s black elicromancy. There are cursed princesses to protect, royal alliances to forge and fierce monsters to battle—all with the hope of preserving peace.

Building on homages to Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Jane Austen’s Emma and the Chinese legend of Hua Mulan, Hannah West makes a spectacular and wholly original debut.


I absolutely LOVE this cover! It's so pretty! I love the trees, the sky, the silhouette, and the galaxy-filled shadow...seriously I love every single element of this cover. It's breathtaking! I also love that the title seems to fit perfectly with the cover. And I just love the sound of this book in general⎯it's definitely on my to-read list!



The second cover is for METALTOWN by Kristen Simmons!

Metaltown by Kristen Simmons
Publisher: Tor Teen
Release Date: September 20, 2016

Description:
Metaltown, where factories rule, food is scarce, and hope is in short supply.

The rules of Metaltown are simple: Work hard, keep your head down, and watch your back. You look out for number one, and no one knows that better than Ty. She’s been surviving on the factory line as long as she can remember. But now Ty has Colin. She’s no longer alone; it’s the two of them against the world. That’s something even a town this brutal can’t take away from her. Until it does.

Lena’s future depends on her family’s factory, a beast that demands a ruthless master, and Lena is prepared to be as ruthless as it takes if it means finally proving herself to her father. But when a chance encounter with Colin, a dreamer despite his circumstances, exposes Lena to the consequences of her actions, she’ll risk everything to do what’s right.

In Lena, Ty sees an heiress with a chip on her shoulder. Colin sees something more. In a world of disease and war, tragedy and betrayal, allies and enemies, all three of them must learn that challenging what they thought was true can change all the rules.

An enthralling story of friendship and rebellion, Metaltown will have you believing in the power of hope.
I still somehow haven't read any of Kristen Simmons books, but I really want to! And now that I've read an excerpt of Metaltown and that I've seen this beautiful cover, I definitely can't wait to read this one. I love that just like the cover for Kingdom of Ash & Briars, Metaltown's cover seems to perfectly fit the book! And I really love the steampunk elements of this cover! :D



What do you think?
Do you like these covers, too?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I do especially love that first cover for The Kingdom of Ash and Briars, mainly because illustrated covers with specialized typographies are always my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too!!!!! :D I just find it so pretty, and it looks like one of those covers that will be even more glorious in person! :D

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D