Wednesday 16 March 2016

Cover Catch-Up (26): Bright, Vibrant & Colourful Covers!

In "Cover Catch-Up" I share some covers that have either been recently revealed, or that I've just found and really wanted to share. 

Today I've got two books that have bright, vibrant and colourful covers...from two TOTALLY different genres!



My first cover is for Colleen Hoover's next book, IT ENDS WITH US!

IT ENDS WITH US by Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books
Release Date: August 2, 2016

Description:

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up. She graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, and maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant and has a total soft spot for Lily; and the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head, but Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his no dating rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan, her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all too human characters, “It Ends with Us” is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.
I LOVE this cover! It's pretty simple, but the bright fuchsia font stands out sooo well!! It's just a wonderful POP of colour! I wonder if those crushed flowers are fuchsias. ;) I also love that this cover looks a little similar to the cover for her last book, NOVEMBER 9.




GHOSTLY ECHOES (Jackaby #3) by William Ritter
Publisher: Algonquin Young Readers
Release Date: August 23, 2016

Description:

Jenny Cavanaugh, the ghostly landlord of 826 Augur Lane, has enlisted the services of her detective-agency tenants to solve a decade-old murder--her own. Abigail Rook and her eccentric employer, R. F. Jackaby, dive into the cold case, starting with a search for Jenny’s fiancĂ©, who went missing the night she died. But when a new, gruesome murder closely mirrors the events of ten years prior, Abigail and Jackaby realize that Jenny’s case isn’t so cold after all, and her killer may be far more dangerous than they suspected.

Fantasy and folklore mix with mad science as Abigail’s race to unravel the mystery leads her across the cold cobblestones of nineteenth-century New England, down to the mythical underworld, and deep into her colleagues’ grim histories to battle the most deadly foe she has ever faced.
I still need to start the Jackaby series, but every single time I see one of the covers for these books, I'm immediately smitten and feel the need to pick them up ASAP! The covers are absolutely breathtaking, and the stories sound fabulous!! I really need to get my butt in gear and finally read these books because the cover for Ghostly Echoes is one of those covers that just demands a book be read! ;) Breaking down the elements of this cover, I just love everything. I love that each book in the series has been a different colour and that they all have a glowing title. I also love how each book has a silhouette with a scene visible inside of it...seriously, these covers are gorgeous!

Just look!




What do you think?
Do you love these covers, too?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the cover of Colleen Hoover's new book until now and it's stunning. I love the crushed flowers and the colors too! Thanks for sharing, Ambur!

    I can also agree with your sentiment of wanting to immediately pick up that one book with the gorgeous cover. The cover's almost like a nagging reminder. That happens to me every time I see The Kiss of Deception or The Winner's Curse. God those covers are nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!!! I love looking at it. It's so freaking pretty!!! :D You're welcome, Jen! I'm glad you love it, too!!!

      haha right?! It's like the cover haunts and taunts you!!! I'm such a sucker for a pretty cover. :P We're so shallow. haha

      Delete
  2. Oh I know, overtime I see those Jackaby covers I just adore the pops of colours!! So pretty. Colour is always good :) I often wish I had enough diversity of book cover colours to have one of those pretty rainbow coloured organized bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too!!! They're sooo pretty...and since I'm working with the distributor of them now, they taunt me even more!!! I see them all over the office! haha I agree. I love colourful covers. I love the idea of those colourful bookshelves, but I think I'd actually hate it because they wouldn't be in serial order, or arranged by size...and those are the ways that I always get a bit anal with when it comes to my bookshelves. lol

      Delete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D