Monday 13 December 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (5)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.

Books I Read Last Week:
  • Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
So this book definitely picked up for me, and I ended up really liking it. The one thing I wasn't a big fan of was the huge time gaps, but I understood why they were necessary. I've never heard the original story that this book was based off of, but it sounds like it would be a very interesting origin story.
  • The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
I loved The Replacement, and I posted my review for it shortly after finishing it, you can my my review HERE. I thought this story was just amazing, and I am so glad that I picked it up this week. :)
  • Gimme A Call by Sarah Mlynowski
Well this book has been sitting on my shelves for quite some time, I won it on Free Book Friday Teens!. While it wasn't my favourite book ever, I did enjoy reading it. Gimme A Call had a whole butterfly effect and Back to the Future thing going on which were pretty interesting. The whole premise for this book was that Devi's boyfriend Bryan broke up with her and she'd spent the four years of high school with him being the center of her life. She'd ignored and lost her friends and she even lost the close relationship with her older sister. So she makes a wish that she could tell her younger self never to go out with him and she drops her phone into a mall fountain right after her wish. Her phone stops working but somehow she's able to call herself  in the past. The whole idea of the book sounded pretty awesome, but I didn't really like Devi sometimes, she seemed pretty shallow, and she makes her poor past self do all her dirty work, while in the future she doesn't have to do any of it, just reap the benefits. Overall though it was a cute story, and I think Devi learns that looking back and regretting things just isn't the way to live. You have to live in the moment and enjoy life. If you want a light read this one would be a great choice.

Reading Now:
  • One Land, One King by Y.S. Hassan
I won this book on Goodreads a couple months ago. It's interesting so far, and I'm loving how big a role the land plays in this book actually. Everything happens because it is 'the will of the land.'

Books I Want to Read This Week(...or Maybe Next Week Because of Exams):
  • The Candidates by Inara Scott
 I won this book from Once Upon a Twilight during their Halloween giveaway event with Good Choice Reading. I'd been wanting to read The Candidates for a while, so I was so stoked to win a copy...and I can't wait until I'm done all this studying and test writing, so I can dig into this baby. :D
  • The Julian Game by Adele Griffin
This is another book I won that I've been anxious to dig into. I won this one from Julie at A Tale of Many Reviews. I'm hoping that I can manage to read a little of this one or one of these other awesome books during my study breaks. ;)
  • Zombie Blondes by Brian James
I love zombies!...so as you can imagine I'm super anxious to dig into this one. I won this one on Book Rat. And it's also signed to me, and it says 'Keep eating those brains.' Will do...will do ;)

That's a taste of my past, present, and future with books for the time being...so what are you reading?? And why don’t you check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to find out what everyone else is reading. :)


Happy Reading and Do Svidaniya!!!

♪♫ Ambur