Monday 7 February 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (13)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?, is a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It’s a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.

*All links take you to the books' goodreads pages.*

Books I Read Last Week: 
 I expected to like this book a lot more than I actually did. It was a great story, but I wasn't a big fan of how it was presented. The dialogue was done in a weird way that just annoyed me and took away from my reading experience. It was an interesting story, and I did like it, it just didn't leave me as satisfied as I would have liked.
 So, I did it! I finished it in time for my night class last Wednesday! :) And I have to admit, I was pretty sad after I finished Great Expectations, it's definitely not a happy-go-lucky story. I was also kind of sad that it was over, but in my imagination everyone's ending was a little happier than Dickens would have had it. :P
 I absolutely loved this book! :D I'm thinking of writing a review for it, but we'll see if I get motivated enough this week. All the reading I've had for school lately has left me kind of drained, and I'm sorry for the absence of new reviews, but I really liked this one, so I'm thinking I'll get my butt in gear and start writing! Anywho, this was a retelling of Sleeping Beauty, but the author who also wrote Beastly, which I absolutely loved. Talia and Jack were amazing characters, and I loved the contrast between Talia's naivete and Jack's apathy. The two characters worked really well together, and this was one of those times where I absolutely loved the alternating point of views. :D
Reading Now: 
 Another one that I'm reading for my night class. I have to read half of it by Wednesday, fingers crossed! :P
 I just want to drop everything and dig into this book...but I know that would be bad, so I haven't. I did leave it in the city when I came home this weekend though because I didn't want it to distract me from doing homework. Of course, I've been procrastinating with or without it here. :P
Books I Want to Read This Week:

I'm feeling like this week I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch...so, I'm gonna leave this part blank, but I am gonna share a couple of awesome books that Scholastic sent me this week. :D

I probably won't start these for a little bit, so I'm not gonna talk about them yet, but aren't they gorgeous? And they both sound really good. :D
So, now I'm gonna ask: what are you reading???
Feel free to check out One Person's Journey Through a World of Books to find out what everyone else is reading. :)


Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

6 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read Girl In The Arena... sorry it did not go as well as you had hoped. I do hope I enjoy it.

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Expectations is so very good. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the diverse group of books you are reading. http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing Great Expectations! And enjoy The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn -- I grew up 30 miles south of Hannibal in a small Mississippi River town. Mark Twain was a favorite companion.

    Here's my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, Kiss in Time sounds lovely. I'm a sucker for Fractured Fairy Tales.

    I really ilked Across the Universe - I hope you do too :)

    Happy Monday!

    (my Monday)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad to see that Girl in the Arena didn't quite do it for you. It looks like a good one.

    I really want to read Across the Universe. And I know all about procrastination, and I know that if I want to procrastinate I don't need a book to do it!

    Jane
    janestoryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D