Friday 27 May 2011

Review: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Source: My own personal copy/Copy I won from Beth Revis' Contest
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: Already Released

Across the Universe was an interesting mix of science fiction and mystery, and while both are genres that I don't read very often, I thoroughly enjoyed the mix of the two in this book! It was inventive, and beautifully written. I loved that the POV alternated between Amy and Elder, and I also loved the little inventions that were made exclusively on Godspeed, like floppies. They were so cool. :)

I also really loved the characters in Across the Universe, Amy especially. She was the one that was easiest to relate to because she was the only one still around from "our" time, while Elder and the other characters were from "our" future. I still loved reading from Elder's POV though because that was when you learned the crazy terms and inventions that they had, except for him it was normal, and I absolutely loved reading about the future. The futuristic parts were pretty fascinating from Amy's POV too, because for her it was all new, just like it was for us. :)

Across the Universe was a story that I was looking forward to reading. I didn't know too much about it before I read it, but I was still really excited. Once I actually did start reading, I was swept away in a brilliant story, one where everything wasn't quite like it seemed and where mystery was woven deeply within. I thought that Across the Universe was a fantastic story, and I look forward to reading more in the series. :)

You can get your own copy of Across the Universe here:


Have you already read Across the Universe? What did you think?
And if you haven't read it, does it sound like something you'd like to read?

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, LOVED this one...I didn't expect to love it so much because it was different from my normal read, but I can't wait to read more from Beth Revis!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D