Saturday 18 June 2011

Spring Into Summer Read-a-Thon - Day 2 Report Post

Questions and Answers: 

1. First of all, give us an end-of-read-a-thon status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!

Total Books Read: 3
Total Pages Read: 827
Books Read Since Last Update: 1
Pages Read Since Last Update: 61
Total Time Read: 13.5 hrs, 1 hr since last update
Books Completed: The Long Weekend by Savita Kalhan, Sweetly by Jackson Pearce, and Subject Seven by James A. Moore
How I'm Currently Feeling: A bit disappointed, I would've liked to read more than three books, but oh well. I think next time I'm going to have to skip all of the Mini-Challenges and avoid any kind of technology, it just gets me too distracted and then I can't get back into reading.

2.What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?

Sweetly by Jackson Pearce. :)

3. Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?

I participated in a few of them. The ones that I did were: favourite and least favourite book-to-movie adaptation, the wordle, the bookshelf one, the anagram, and the one about which book world you'd like to live in.

4. Which mini-challenge was your favorite?

My favourite was probably the one about choosing a book world to live in.

5. What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?

My favourite thing was probably just knowing that you're reading a bunch while other people are reading, I love seeing people's comments about it too.


6. Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?

Nope, I'm not really satisfied with the amount of reading I finished. To be honest, I probably would've read more if I hadn't been doing the Read-a-Thon. I felt like I was pressured to read for some reason this Read-a-Thon, I think a large chunk of that was the fact that I had a couple random things pop up that took away time I wanted to spend reading, like having to drive to get some forms filled out, which took over an hour, and then I had to take my brother to a party, which kind of killed my reading mojo for the night...especially when he woke me up later wanting to be picked up. Plus, the last two days, I swear my attention span has been tiny, I've gotten so distracted and super easily too. I expected to read more, but not much I can do about that now. :P


7. What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?

I didn't like that many updates, I think that was part of the reason I'd get distracted because it meant I had to get back on the computer...which lead to me checking my email, my facebook, etc. I think they were too close together to be honest. I'd just get into reading and then it'd be time for another update. I didn't really like the whole time limit either, and the whole 12 hour break thing was confusing. I ended up making my report post, thinking I had to make it right around eight. I think maybe next time just make it more clear, like you did with the update on the report post afterwards, about it being within a range, and how stopping for the night is optional.


8. If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?

Like I mentioned before, about fewer updates that are farther apart. Also the whole 12-hour break thing just being made more clear. I also think it would have been neat to have Mini-Challenges hosted on other blogs, and you could even find people from other countries that are willing to do giveaways and that way you could have some that are US Only, some that are International, and even others that are exclusive to the blogger's specific country. Oooh like an around the world theme, maybe someone would even want to host a bunch for their country, you never know.

9. Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? (Again, I won't cry if you say "no")

I think I would participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books. Although next time I'd probably skip doing most of the smaller updates and Mini-Challenges, they just distracted me from reading. I'm more of a read-without-any-interruption kind of reader.

Any last comments on the read-a-thon?

 I'd like to say thanks to Enna Isilee for hosting this Read-a-thon, I may not have got as much reading done as I'd hoped, but I did have fun doing it! :)

I hope that everyone who participated in the Read-a-Thon had fun! And I hope that those of you who didn't haven't been too annoyed by my updates for it, I tried to make them less annoying by bunching them together. ;)

Happy Reading!!!

♪♫ Ambur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D