Monday 30 January 2012

The Peculiars New Cover!

I just had Laura from Abrams Books send me the new cover for The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry, and I just have to share it! It's so gorgeous! :D

Here it is everyone!


Here's it's Goodreads link if you want to add it!

Add here's the Goodreads description:
This dark and thrilling adventure, with an unforgettable heroine, will captivate fans of steampunk, fantasy, and romance.
On her 18th birthday, Lena Mattacascar decides to search for her father, who disappeared into the northern wilderness of Scree when Lena was young. Scree is inhabited by Peculiars, people whose unusual characteristics make them unacceptable to modern society. Lena wonders if her father is the source of her own extraordinary characteristics and if she, too, is Peculiar. On the train she meets a young librarian, Jimson Quiggley, who is traveling to a town on the edge of Scree to work in the home and library of the inventor Mr. Beasley. The train is stopped by men being chased by the handsome young marshal Thomas Saltre. When Saltre learns who Lena’s father is, he convinces her to spy on Mr. Beasley and the strange folk who disappear into his home, Zephyr House. A daring escape in an aerocopter leads Lena into the wilds of Scree to confront her deepest fears.
 ---------------------------------------------------
 If you're interested in reading The Peculiars its tentative release date is May 1st, but if you have NetGalley it is available as an egalley right now. :)

 I absolutely love this new cover! It's so pretty, and I love how prominent the steampunk elements are, and the wings are so neat...it definitely intrigues you!

How about you, what do you guys think of the new cover??

Happy Reading!!!
♪♫ Ambur

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I LOVE it. I have this book from Netgalley and this cover makes me want to move it to the top of my to-read pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! :) I got it from Netgalley, too, and this cover definitely tempts me to read it even more quickly! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D