Tuesday 27 August 2013

Review: Play Me (Take a Chance #3) by Diane Alberts

 
 Source: Received an ebook from the publisher to give an honest review.
All opinions are my own.
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Release Date: July 29, 2013 (Already Released)
Number of Pages: 120 (ebook)


Description from Goodreads:
Even the best-laid plans can go awry.

Single-mom Kiersten Worth knows a bottle of champagne and night of hot, no-strings-attached sex is the perfect solution to her jilted bride blues…and Garrett Kelly, long-time friend and her teenaged son’s sexy basketball coach, is just the stud for the job.

Garrett wants more from the elusive temptress than a casual affair, but he never expects it to come in the form of an unexpected pregnancy. When he proposes an unorthodox solution—move in and raise their baby together—Kiersten has to decide whether to let down her guard and open her heart to the man who secretly loved her for years, or risk losing his tender embrace for good.
Purchase Links: Amazon | B&N | Kobo

I really really enjoyed Play Me! :D I thought that Garrett was a fantastic guy, and I definitely understood Kiersten's reluctance for relationships! I also really enjoyed their chemistry! :D

This is the first book I've read in the Take a Chance series, so I'm not sure if I might have missed a bit of the groundwork that set the stage for Kiersten and Garrett's relationship, but I did feel like there could have been a bit more of the romance that was shown to the reader. I felt like a lot of their relationship happened before the book even started, and I'm not really a fan of being told how someone feels instead of being shown...I like to see it all, I may be a bit voyeuristic in that way, but anyway, I just felt like so much of the buildup for their relationship was skimmed over, and I wish we could have seen a bit more of it, or maybe had a bit more from Kiersten at least about her feelings. Garrett's were pretty clear, but Kiersten's kinda popped up outta nowhere! :P

Even though I felt like we could have seen a bit more of their relationship, I did really love what was there. I loved seeing Kiersten finally open up to her feelings, and I just really enjoyed Garrett...he could've fought a bit harder at times, but considering he kept getting rejected, I didn't really blame his reluctance either. All in all though, I'm so glad how Play Me turned out and really enjoyed Kiersten and Garrett's story! :D

Overall, I thought that Play Me was a short, but sweet romance with characters that I definitely cared about. I'd recommend this one to fans of contemporary romance with relationships that develop in pretty unconventional ways. ;D

What do you think?
Have you read any of the books in the Take a Chance series?
Does Play Me sound like your kind of story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D