Saturday 22 February 2014

Review: Addicted for Now (Addicted #2) by Becca Ritchie & Krista RItchie

Source: Purchased for my Kindle from Amazon.com
Release Date: Already Released.


Description from Goodreads:
He's addicted to booze. She's addicted to sex...staying sober is only half the battle.

No. More. Sex.

Those are the three words Lily Calloway fears the most. But Loren Hale is determined to be with Lily without enabling her dangerous compulsions. With their new living situation—sleeping in the same bed, for real, together—Lily has new battles. Like not jumping Lo’s bones every night. Not being consumed by sex and his body.

Loren plans to stay sober, to right all of his wrongs. So when someone threatens to expose Lily’s secret to her family and the public, he promises that he’ll do anything to protect her. But with old enemies surfacing, Lo has more at stake than his sobriety.

They will torment Lily until Lo breaks.

And his worst fear isn’t relapsing. He hears the end. He sees it. The one thing that could change everything. Just three words.

No. More. Us.

New Adult Romance recommended for readers 18+ for mature content
With each book that I read in this series, I just fall more and more in love with the story, the characters, and with Krista and Becca Ritchie's writing styles. :D Addicted for Now is the second book in the Addicted series, and I thought it was an amazing followup to Addicted to You! :D

I loved that we got to know both Lo and Lily more, and that we also got to know all of their friends better, too, including Lily's sisters! I just love how the books have evolved from being totally Lo and Lily-centric to including a bigger group of friends, and I love that the evolution is pretty much the perfect way to show how Lily and Lo have changed from the beginning of the first book.

Lily and Lo have both grown so much, and in Addicted for Now we really got to see how much they've changed, and how much effort they both were putting in to change! The dual point of view worked really well to show how they both were changing and how both of them were affected by their own addiction and by each other's addiction. In Addicted to You, the first book, I really did love seeing Lily and Lo's relationship change, but I loved seeing them grow stronger in Addicted for Now! It was fantastic to see them work to overcome their addictions, and to see both of them mature as well.

Along with the awesome characters, one of the elements that I love about this series is how well the series as a whole is established. Each book soundly represents its own story, and they feel complete in themselves, but at the same time, there is just enough of an open-ended feeling to allow for sequels, and to allow for spinoffs...the spinoffs are another part I love. In the spinoffs, Becca and Krista Ritchie are also writing books about Lily's sisters, Rose and Daisy! The first one, Kiss the Sky, about Rose and Connor Cobolt has already been released. I've also read it and loved it! My review for that one is coming soon! The next book, Hothouse Flower, is Daisy's story...and it'll be releasing sometime in March, and I absolutely CANNOT wait!!! :D

Overall, I thought that Addicted for Now was fantastic! It was sexy, funny, and completely compelling. I was in a bit of a slump at the beginning of the year, and this one really helped snap me out of it because I didn't want to put it down! I find Lo and Lily really easy to relate to because they both tend to fangirl/fanboy and get obsessive about their fandoms. haha I also loved the banter, the story, and as I've mentioned already in this review, the characters! :D I'd recommend Addicted for Now and the Addicted series to contemporary romance fans who aren't afraid of stories that get steamy and are very intense!

What do you think?
Does the Addicted series sound like something you'd like to read?
And how do you feel about series with spinoff books?
Do you love them like me, or are you not a fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D