Tuesday 4 March 2014

Review: Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt

Source: Received an egalley from the publisher on Edelweiss for an honest review.
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: Already released.
Number of Pages: 320 (Hardcover)


Description from Goodreads:
Can a road trip repair a romance gone wrong? Find out in this standalone companion to Lauren Barnholdt’s Two-way Street.

Here are Peyton and Jace, meeting on vacation. Click! It’s awesome, it’s easy, it’s romantic. This is the real deal.

Unless it isn’t. Because when you’re in love, you don’t just stop calling one day. And you don’t keep secrets. Or lie. And when your life starts falling apart, you’re supposed to have the other person to lean on.

Here are Peyton and Jace again, broken up but thrown together on a road trip. One of them is lying about the destination. One of them is pretending not to be leaving something behind. And neither of them is prepared for what’s coming on the road ahead…
Two-Way Street was actually my first Lauren Barnholdt book, and it also happens to be my favourite, so when I first heard about Right of Way, I knew I had to read it! Right of Way isn't a sequel of Two-Way Street, but it is a standalone companion, and I was pretty ecstatic about that! :D

I absolutely loved that we got to see a bit of Jordan and Courtney in Right of Way! It was really awesome to see a bit of what they were up to. I also just really loved Peyton and Jace. They were fantastic characters, and I definitely loved that Right of Way had the same feel to it as Two-Way Street. It wasn't a retelling of Two-Way Street, but it was a similar story with the whole road trip aspect, and I loved that it shared that similar dynamic. The dual point of view also worked amazingly with this story. It made it very easy to see the true feelings of both characters, and to understand why they weren't getting along. :P

This is one of those stories that I just couldn't put down once I started, and I kept reading until I'd reached the last page. It's fast-paced and quickly draws you in. It's the kind of contemporary romance that I absolutely love with great characters and a story that just compels you to finish it. Right of Way is also written by one of my favourite contemporary authors, too, Lauren Barnholdt! I really loved reading it, and I am definitely looking forward to reading more books from her! :D

Overall, I thought that Right of Way was a fantastic story! I'd recommend it to anyone who loves contemporaries about love going wrong, and the crazy antics that ensue when two people who aren't getting along and have serious chemistry are forced to be near one another. ;)

What do you think?
Does Right of Way sound like something you'd like to read?
And is anyone else a huge Lauren Barnholdt fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like smiles. Free to give, but precious to receive. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment. I treasure every one. Also, check back! You'll probably find a reply. :D